IN EACH OF ITS AREAS OF EXPERTISE - DISTRIBUTION, COMPETITION, CONSUMER RIGHTS, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, CONTRACT, DIGITAL, AND INTERNATIONAL EXPANSION, PICART USES ITS EXPERIENCE TO STRENGTHEN WEAKNESSES THAT ARE A POTENTIAL SOURCE OF LITIGATION.
If a dispute occurs, its management, visibility with respect to its developments, and the choice of appropriate channels for its resolution are all of crucial importance.
- Develops and conducts pre-litigation, litigation, alternative and transactional strategies adapted to the objectives of its clients;
- Assists its clients during inspections by the Directorate General for Competition, Consumer Affairs and Repression of Fraud (DGCCRF/DIRECCTE), and investigations by the Competition Authority;
- Represents its clients in their disputes, either filing suit or as a defendant.
PICART intervenes before any type of judicial and arbitral tribunal, as well as before independent administrative authorities.
The firm has also gained expertise in the area of mediation.
PICART has prominent expertise in business litigation and intervenes in all disputes related to operations, management, and the economic activity of the company, particularly in the following types of disputes:
- Non-performance of a contractual obligation, unsatisfactory fulfilment or breach of commercial contracts,
- Intra distribution networks (franchiser/franchisee, etc.)
- Unfair competition - free-riding, unfair poaching of staff, and disruption, etc.
- Restrictive competition practices - abrupt break in established trade relations, and significant imbalances, etc.
- Anti-competitive practices - concerted cartels, and abuse of dominant position
- Counterfeiting and piracy
On-going assistance and representation in disputes arising from restrictive practices - abrupt break in established trade relations, dereferencing, significant imbalances, and discriminatory practices, and anti-competitive practices - abuse of economic dependency, concerted practices, and abuse of a dominant position, for private French and foreign companies all sectors of activity combined.
In 2019, for the fifth consecutive year, DECIDEURS magazine ranked PICART among the best law firms in France and highlighted its "renowned expertise" in COMMERCIAL LITIGATION, DISTRIBUTION LAW & RESTRICTIVE PRACTICES, INDUSTRIAL RISKS & INSURANCE LITIGATION AND FINANCIAL AND LONG-TERM FINANCING LITIGATION.
OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE